(Tiny Boy woke up at 6:00 this morning and declined to nap.)
At 6:45 we started reading stories. By 7:30 he was in jammies. Potty, tooth brushing, etc. Nice and calm and ready to go to bed.
Then LG got something in her eye that created DRAMA. Like, holy shit, she was crying and screaming DO something even as she wouldn't let me touch her or look at it. I don't doubt that it hurt. But you'd think she was being murdered. I actually splashed water in her face because it was a good way to start flushing out the eye. Shit.
By 8:00 the eye problem was resolved. (No, I never found anything in her eye, but it was red.) I retucked Tiny Boy. Sat in the rocker, which has been cutting down on nighttime antics.
He kept talking. I left. He called me back. He kept talking. I went downstairs. He was quiet. Then showed up in LG's room. I brought him back to his room. He asked me to sit in the rocker. He kept talking. And...
It's now 9:30 and I think he might still be awake. Or there's a large animal kicking the wall in his room.
I tell you if they made ambien for preschoolers I'd be all over that shit. THREE HOURS OF BEDTIME.
Our consult to go over the sleep study can't come soon enough.
At 6:45 we started reading stories. By 7:30 he was in jammies. Potty, tooth brushing, etc. Nice and calm and ready to go to bed.
Then LG got something in her eye that created DRAMA. Like, holy shit, she was crying and screaming DO something even as she wouldn't let me touch her or look at it. I don't doubt that it hurt. But you'd think she was being murdered. I actually splashed water in her face because it was a good way to start flushing out the eye. Shit.
By 8:00 the eye problem was resolved. (No, I never found anything in her eye, but it was red.) I retucked Tiny Boy. Sat in the rocker, which has been cutting down on nighttime antics.
He kept talking. I left. He called me back. He kept talking. I went downstairs. He was quiet. Then showed up in LG's room. I brought him back to his room. He asked me to sit in the rocker. He kept talking. And...
It's now 9:30 and I think he might still be awake. Or there's a large animal kicking the wall in his room.
I tell you if they made ambien for preschoolers I'd be all over that shit. THREE HOURS OF BEDTIME.
Our consult to go over the sleep study can't come soon enough.
2 comments:
My daughter takes a long time to settle down too. Especially now that she is on vacation and probably not as tired and its daylight longer. Sometimes it can be 45 min between teethbrusing and sleep - ugh!
I'd love 45 minutes!!!
Post a Comment