About eight years ago, my sister was in a car accident that left her phyiscally disabled and emotionally/mentally wrecked. She sued the other driver, which didn't work out for her. None of this came as a surprise, given that it was (a) on an icy road in the winter (b) her own driving record is absolutely horrible. It was unfortunate, absolutely, but not due to clear negligence on the part of anyone else. It was simply an accident; if she'd come through that road even five seconds later, or been paying slightly more attention, or veered a different way, her life would be completely different. She was devasted because, as my mother said, that meant she had no one really to blame but herself.
Tiny Boy's sleep study is tomorrow and I think I'm in an emotionally similar place. What if, after all this time, they don't find anything other than bad sleep habits? What if it's not a matter of giving him iron, or reflux meds, or anything else fixable?
Tiny Boy's sleep study is tomorrow and I think I'm in an emotionally similar place. What if, after all this time, they don't find anything other than bad sleep habits? What if it's not a matter of giving him iron, or reflux meds, or anything else fixable?
No comments:
Post a Comment