I received a phone call from the nurse at the sleep clinic, who informed me that Tiny Boy doesn't have obstructive sleep apnea. This struck me as an odd phone call, because the possibility of his having OSA wasn't even really on the table (among other things, he doesn't really snore). I'll get more info about the rest of the results on Friday, but I'm guessing it won't reveal much.
We saw the nurse practitioner at the GI's office today...who likewise doesn't think reflux is an issue. She did say we can try prilosec for a few weeks and see what happens. I might, because this goes in the can't hurt might help category. More accurate testing for reflux would involve an overnight stay and I'm not really ready to go there without a stronger hunch.
So so far the only conclusive info I have is that he has low iron levels.
And I'm fucking tired.
We saw the nurse practitioner at the GI's office today...who likewise doesn't think reflux is an issue. She did say we can try prilosec for a few weeks and see what happens. I might, because this goes in the can't hurt might help category. More accurate testing for reflux would involve an overnight stay and I'm not really ready to go there without a stronger hunch.
So so far the only conclusive info I have is that he has low iron levels.
And I'm fucking tired.
3 comments:
There are other types of apnea. I hope it isn't apnea. Hoping still that you get some clear helpful information and can plan an attack path that will work and help you both get the rest you both need.
Good wishes!
While I am glad he does not have apnea, it must be frustrating to not get a definitive answer, hopefully you will when the full results are revealed. The prilosec may be worth a try.
Anonymous, yes, one of the neuro's theories is that he might have central sleep apnea. I'm guessing if he did the nurse would have told me, but perhaps not?
Post a Comment