Well, overall life on melatonin has been AWESOME. With one exception, Tiny Boy falls asleep within 15 minutes of his head hitting the pillow, and often it is almost immediate. No rolling. No kicking. No calling. No drama of any kind whatsoever. This includes when we've been out (like last night LG had a meeting that ended 7:45 which is usually when Tiny Boy is headed to sleep).
The thing where he's awake for 1-2 hrs in the middle of the night is done. Not sure what that was about, frankly.
He had a cold (not surprisingly) and I restarted his singulair about a week ago. And I've noticed his nightwaking happens much earlier (like 11-12 instead of 3-5) and then he's more restless. And crying in a bad dream sort of way. Turns out night terrors and insomnia are a childhood side effect of singulair. I'm not sure how this escaped my attention. It's a good drug for him--means he hasn't really had any major asthma episodes--so I'll need to ask his ped about alternatives. Because I like his lungs to work. But I really like him to sleep.
Oy.
The thing where he's awake for 1-2 hrs in the middle of the night is done. Not sure what that was about, frankly.
He had a cold (not surprisingly) and I restarted his singulair about a week ago. And I've noticed his nightwaking happens much earlier (like 11-12 instead of 3-5) and then he's more restless. And crying in a bad dream sort of way. Turns out night terrors and insomnia are a childhood side effect of singulair. I'm not sure how this escaped my attention. It's a good drug for him--means he hasn't really had any major asthma episodes--so I'll need to ask his ped about alternatives. Because I like his lungs to work. But I really like him to sleep.
Oy.
No comments:
Post a Comment