Thursday, August 20, 2015

Tiny Boy's Behavioral Modification Plan

So...now that Tiny Boy is generally sleeping better DURING the night (he's waking up 1-2 times, instead of 2-5, and going back to sleep easily), the drama at bedtime has gone up exponentially.

We went back to the sleep clinic today.  New plan is to keep him on iron (he had a blood draw today), prilosec, and add melatonin an hour before bedtime.  I'm not sure how long they'll keep him on the melatonin (we go back in about a month) but I'm guessing it will work like a charm.

I've used a very tiny amount (about 0.2 mg) with moderate success.  They're putting him on 1 mg.

And if that doesn't work, there's always this book which must work by way of some version of hypnotism.  Either way, I feel fairly certain Tiny Boy at age 4 will be sleeping much better than Tiny Boy ages 1-3.5.

And me?  Knock wood and all that hocus pocus, I'm getting about 8 hours these days, which is simply divine...

No comments: